Thursday, September 30, 2010

THE IPOD STORY

Our family loves music. I have an ipod shuffle that I use for everything. Exercising, cleaning, tuning things out when I need too-- you get the idea. I LOVE it. Hands down, worth the 50 bucks. Tayia asked for an ipod a couple years ago for her birthday. I didn't know if she would really use it a ton, and I didn't want to spend the money for an ipod on a 5 year old, so we found this-

Cute right? Well it is, and it was cheap. It works great as long as the batteries hold out, which isnt long. Seriously, it goes through batteries like you wouldnt believe. Tayia listened to it more that I ever thought she would. On car trips, in the stroller, while doing chores, etc. I was changing batteries at least once a week. Batteries are NOT cheap! So, I decided to purchase this for her;

A knockoff ipod shuffle that is rechargeable. She was ecstatic that it looked just like mine and loved that you could clip it onto your shirt or pants like I do. I thought we were in business. I even bought Trace one. They were only 15 bucks. This one also works great. As long as the battery stays charged. Which isn't long! Notice the pattern? I have to charge the battery ALL the time. Seriously a couple times a week. It's a joke. So, I have made a decision.
With all the hunting Steve has been doing, he's got some extra cash laying around so he's going to buy both the kids an ipod shuffle. (He doesnt know that yet, but I guess he will find out when he reads the blog. Thanks babe! The kids are going to love you, and so will I.) I only have to charge mine once a month or so depending on how much I use it. So, basically, the moral to this story is easy. If your kids want one of these things, if they love music, (its seriously a great alternative for traveling in the car instead of the dvd player the whole time) spend the money the first time around, get a good one. You wont regret it.


3 comments:

Natalie J. said...

Thanks Michelle. This is very helpful. Railey is constantly asking to take my ipod which I won't let her do so I have been really thinking about getting her something. Now I know those cheap ones aren't worth it.

Brimaca said...

I'm still reading - it just take me more time to get to blogs now. :) Glad things seem to be going well. Your niece is a cutie. :) you make me even more jealous that I don't have a sister to love on my babies.

Brimaca said...

I'm still reading - it just take me more time to get to blogs now. :) Glad things seem to be going well. Your niece is a cutie. :) you make me even more jealous that I don't have a sister to love on my babies.