Oh, October was a busy month for us. We spent alot of time out on the summer range rounding up cows, shipping, and preg testing. I posted a ton of pictures, but they are spread out over a couple weeks time. It was COLD. Did I mention COLD? The weather was dry for the most part, but of course on shipping day (just like last year by the way) it was rainy, snowy, and freezing cold. Despite the weather, and a few drawbacks, we got things done and had a good time doing it. We so appreciate the opportunity we have to be a part of this and help. It is therapy for us. It is our family time. It is a chance for us to get out and help someone while at the same time, do something we love. We are truly blessed.
This is what we woke up to on shipping day. Puddle of water in front of the camper.
It was beautiful up there!
This is one of my fav's...... I love him.
Trucks were getting stuck, so we had to get out the chains,
and pull them out.
I forgot my bogs, so I had to walk around with mud caked to the bottom of my shoes.
Sitting in the truck to take a break from the cold.
Mud was EVERYWHERE.
Everywhere I tell ya!
This puppy got allotta lovin from Tay Jay.
This is another fav! My emotions do crazy things when I see this picture. My family, our horses, beautiful fall day on the mountain, doing what we love. Like I said, I AM BLESSED.
Did I mention that I love him?
The road leading down to camp.
Taking a break from all the work to play games with cousins is the best!
Mud anyone?
mmmmm.... LOVE.
These two were buddys while we were out there! Tayia amazes me. She LOVES to ride. She braved the wind, cold, rain, and snow, just to ride and move cows. I'm not kidding. There was one morning I stayed in the camper instead of riding because there was NO WAY I was riding in the rain. Tay bounded out of bed and was like- I'm ready dad, let's go. She is awesome. Daddy's little sidekick for sure!
Making the plans for the day--
T is almost always smiling in the pictures I get, so I wanted to post this glare, because it's rare that I see this. Still adorable, but he was ready to be home. What a trooper!
Pictures don't do this justice, but it's a pretty steep incline, Go T!
My two babes, ready for a morning of riding.





0 comments:
Post a Comment