Tayia celebrated her 9th birthday in May. She is loving animal prints and bright colors right now, so that's what her party was. Tay also got to have a friend party this year which was a blast! Tayia was spoiled and received some great gifts- A new rope from Nana and Papa Jay, a new camp chair (a big one, not a small one anymore, per her request!) from G&G Bennett, some Taylor Swift perfume and breast collar from Mom and Dad, and a horse necklace from Trace. On a side note to Tay-- I don't know that you will care about this 20 years from now, but I tried SO HARD to get tickets to Taylor Swift for your birthday this year. I was on the computer as soon as tickets went on sale and tried for almost an hour. I never got through to purchase them. I was so so bummed. I even looked on KSL for tickets up until your actual birthday, but the people selling tickets wanted an ASTRONOMICAL amount of money. I had been planning to have that be your birthday present almost a year in advance, because you LOVE Taylor Swift right now. You seriously know every word to every song. It surely wasn't the end of the world, but I wanted to give you that experience so bad- one day it will happen!
Here are a few pictures from her friend party- We didn't do much-- jumped on the tramp for awhile and Tay wanted all her friends to ride Lem, and then cupcakes and ice cream!
A few things about Tay Jay from the past year: She lost her two front teeth, learned to swim without a life jacket, also did a front flip off the diving board, she loves to read, ran the foot races on the 4th of July and took 2nd! (we learned that she's a pretty fast runner!) We took a road trip to California and Washington, She loves gymnastics and actually did her gymnastics program which was awesome! We went to Lion King, the musical. To say Tayia loves riding horses is an understatement. She is an animal lover, and loves the color BLUE. Tayia is a planner. She likes to know what's going on and when. She has a hard time "flying by the seat of her pants" Tayia also loves money and the concept of earning and purchasing things with her own money. Tayia loves to have friends over to play and loves doing crafts. She is a lover of stuffed animals as well (I won't mention how many she has) The most important thing for me this last year was that Tayia became an official member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints by being baptized and confirmed. Here are a few pictures of Miss Jay from the last 9 years--
My sweet, spunky, beautiful daughter. I love you. I LOVE YOU! You have so many qualities that I hope one day will be beneficial to you. You are a determined soul. You are smart. You are learning (most of the time) to go with the flow when you don't get your way. You are learning how to interact with people better even if you don't know them well. I am proud of some of the fears that you have been overcoming. I am so proud of you for making the decision to be baptized. I am so thankful that you are my daughter. Happy Birthday beautiful girl!











0 comments:
Post a Comment