Wow! It's been a long time since I have posted. Not for lack of things going on, but rather that I have been too busy to even sit down for 5 seconds. Beware, this is a long post! Let's see, where to begin?
At the end of January the kids and I went up north for a week. My sister tended the kids one day while I was up there so I could go do some shopping and meet my life long friend Cori for lunch. Annie, I don't even think I told you thanks, but know that I appreciated that a ton. It was so nice to go visit with one of my best friends and to be able to do some shopping on my own. I took the kids ice skating while we were up there. They liked it more than I thought they would, and I think they would have enjoyed it even more if it had been a little warmer. Trace did great on the ice. He just took off with no help at all. I was amazed. Tayia wasn't as daring, but she enjoyed making the rounds with mine, Nana's or Sarah's help. We also got to tend Kya one day while we were there and my kids loved that. They love her so much. It's so fun that she is getting older and plays with them well. They had a blast together. So thanks to Tyler and Patti for letting me tend her that day.
While we were at Talon and Anna's we played, played, and played some more. My kids love going to Trey's house because there are all kinds of new toys to play with. We also got to watch the super bowl at Talon and Anna's annual super bowl party. Talon and Steve took the boy's up to Hardware Ranch to look at some elk and ride in the sleighs. They were both very excited about that. Anna and I got to go do some shopping together which we always love to do. Thanks for letting us come and crash guys.
I also got a new calling to be the Secretary for the Primary in our ward. I hope I will learn fast and learn to enjoy this calling. I went to a meeting last week, where the president gave us a binder. The first thing I saw when I opened the binder is this great quote from Ezra Taft Benson- "You are dealing with the most precious things in the world-- the souls of God's children. All we ask of you is that you so inspire the children that nothing in this world will be dearer to them than the gospel." Wow- no pressure there. It is my hope that I will be able to really get into this calling and be able to do the best that I can. Pair this with my Achievement Day calling and I will never have a lack of things to do.
These last couple of things are a little emotional for me. I hope that my mom and brother will be okay with me posting this, but they have had an impact on my life in the last three weeks or so.
My brother Tyler has been a smoker for a dang long time. Just recently he has taken the initiative to go visit with the doctor to get some help to quit. What an outstanding thing for him to do. I couldn't imagine trying to take something out of my life that has been there for a long period of time. I mean, that would be like me trying to cut out all chocolate. So Ty, I am so dang proud of you. I hope that you will be able to have the will power to accomplish your goal.
The last thing i want to blog about is my wonderful mom. She has been having some pretty serious medical problems the last few months and has had numerous upon numerous amounts of tests done. I have been amazed at her strength and her attitude through all of this. I have also been so thankful for the power of the priesthood and priesthood blessings. I am so thankful that my husband is worthy to hold the priesthood and thankful that he has good friends who are also worthy. I am thankful for the opportunity we have to fast for people in times of need and for a great family that is willing to fast with me. My mom and brother have shown me how to have strength even when things can get rough. I am so proud of them and love them so much.
Old Fashioned Pickled Beets
4 weeks ago




7 comments:
Wow! You have been busy. How is your new calling going? Its a little overwhelming still for me!
Your mom is such a strong lady. We love her! and our prayers are with her.
Wow Michelle, I just have to say thank you for posting. I was really struggeling a few weeks back and you will never know the impact you have had in my life. I admire you and your love of the gospel. Thank you for your example, which is one of the many that helped me through a really tough time. I wish we werent so busy and could spend time together:) I also want to thank you for puting that quote in. I always need reminders about working with children. sometimes it seems so thankless. but really it is the best job and wow scary too. So thank you a thousand times over!
I have no doubt that you guys will do an amazing job in primary. We really do have some great kids in our ward.
I got called in the primary too. i teach the 6 year olds. and with that kids hair. it was taking forever to turn blonde so we settled for "gold" haha.
and we love and are praying for you family and for aunt lorainne. She deserves only the best. let us know if there is anything we can do..
It sounds like life is busy but good. You seem busy. Everytime I'm at my mom's house I see you rushing here or there. I'm sure you'll be a great addition to the Primary presidency.
okay- good post, i'm teary. :)
Post a Comment