Thursday, March 13, 2008

ABOUT OUR FAMILY


Okay, so I'm new to this, and I'm hoping that i will be able to catch on quickly. It's a good thing I have Anna to encourage me to do these things. So, just a little bit about my family- Steve and I met on a blind date and have been married since December 1, 2000. We lived in Ogden for the first couple of years and then moved to Blanding (which is where Steve grew up). In May of 2004 our beautiful little girl Tayia came along, and then in 2006 our little Trace man. Steve works for a youth detention center as a counselor. He grew up here in Blanding, and has two sisters and one brother. His hobbies are hunting, riding horses, camping, moving cows, and basically anything to do with the outdoors. His latest hobby has been making himself a saddle. I'm hoping to have more time to post on that later. Steve is a wonderful dad and makes sure to include the kids with all his outdoor adventures which they truly love. His current calling in the church is scouting. Tayia will be four in May. Oh where does the time go? She has been in pre-school since September and loves every minute of it. She was in dance for a while, but decided she didn't really like it. I'm hoping that changes in the near future. Tayia is in primary this year and also loves every minute of that. Her favorite part is the singing. Her favorite song right now is Jesus wants me for a sunbeam. Tayia loves books, dogs, horses, camping, painting, play-doh, helping mom make dinner, her baby, riding the 4-wheeler, and sleeping over at nana's house. Trace is going to be two in two days! AGGHHH! I can't even believe it. Trace is truly the light in our family. He is constantly smiling and showing off his big dimples. He has started talking. Some of his favorite words right now are; blue, hay, pete, glove, rope, milk, treat, poop, go, and my favorite- mom look. He has also picked up on signing and can sign numerous things. He loves to sign elephant and monkey. I of course love it too, because he looks so cute doing it. He absolutely loves to do anything that Steve is doing and is defiantly Steve's little shadow. Trace loves books, feeding pete, helping dad work at the field, anything with wheels, especially 4-wheelers, finger painting, play-doh, and boxing with daddy. What a joy kids are in our lives. A little about me? I have the opportunity to be a full time mommy and part time hair do-er. I usually work about 8 hours a week, which is plenty for me. My current calling in church is Activity day leader, which I love. My hobbies are; anything to do with my family, working on scrapbooks, (which i recently started doing digitally), making cards, taking pictures, being in the mountains, camping, and spending time with Steve. Wow, this is a long post. That's a little bit about us. As you can tell, we love to spend time outdoors and love spending time with family and friends.

0 comments: