Sunday, April 13, 2008

OUTDOORS WEEKEND 3







This weekend we went down south to camp, ride horses, move cows, brand, and ride the four-wheeler. The kids had such a blast. I am always amazed at how good they are when we do stuff like this. No fighting, No arguing, No whining. It makes all the hassle of packing and unpacking very worth it. The kids slept in their very own sleeping bags all night and slept like a LOG. I don't think they moved all night long. I guess they were worn out from the days activities. It was a little chilly, but the couple of times the wind quit blowing it was really nice. Tayia was still a little timid around the cows, but she loved to ride the horse as usual. They both loved playing in the dirt and climbing on the corrals. I thought Trace would be scared of the cows once he got up close, but boy was I wrong. He loved every second. As you can see from the pictures (and the big cheese on his face) he was as happy as any little boy can get. He was definitely born to be a cowboy- it must be in his gene's. Steve was (of course) proud as a peach that Trace was in on all the "action" Steve was loving it just as much as Trace was. When we come home from weekends like this I am always very humbled. Very appreciative of everything I have. Very appreciative of the wonderful, fun things we get to do together. I feel very blessed to have such a loving family. I am reminded of how thankful I am for the outdoors and the beautiful mountains. I am even thankful for Kenny and his willingness to let my family be a part of something that we love so very much. My heart feels full. It feels content. It feels like I am the happiest mom and wife on the face of the earth. I often think that we spend way too much time worrying about the things we don't have, or things that are going wrong in our lives. If we spend too much time doing this, we will miss out on the absolute most important thing in life. Something that we have right in front of us all the time. Something that I truly love with all my heart, and that of course is FAMILY.

0 comments: