Monday, April 28, 2008

BUNK BEDS




Oh yeah, we are taking the plunge. No more cribs, no more toddler beds. We got the kids some bunk beds this past weekend. As you can tell by the looks on their faces, they were ecstatic. My mom was up north and picked them up for me. When we got them to our house on Sunday, you would have thought it was Christmas morning the way the kids were running around. They were jumping up and down, running around like lunatics. I mean, Geez, who would have thought that getting "big girl" and "big boy" beds would be so exciting? I was kind of scared to have Trace out of the crib. I thought, man there is no way he's going to stay put at bedtime. It took about 20 minutes to get him to stay there so we finally said- Okay, if you get out of bed and mess around, we will bring your crib back in here and no more big boy bed. He stayed put after that and fell fast asleep. He only woke up once because he got caught in between the mattress and the wall. We told Tayia that she could pick out her own blanket/comforter set, and of course picked the one with horses on it. The catch with her was that she had to give up sleeping in her sleeping bag in order to sleep in her big girl bed. I don't think she even gave it a second thought. So, it's done, and our first night of no more baby beds is out of the way and went better than I expected. I'm still scared to death that one of them will fall (or jump) off the top bunk or fall off the ladder. I told Steve that I wouldn't be surprised if we have something broken within a month. Hopefully that doesn't happen, but what can I say, my kids are kind of clumsy. AND- don't worry, I shed quite a few tears as I realized what was really happening. My baby's are growing up. In fact, they aren't babies any more at all. Steve on the other hand was quite excited. Well at least he was after he got the dang things set up. Kids grow up before our eyes. Every time I reach a milestone like this in our lives, I am so thankful that I get to spend as much time as I do with my kids. There will always be time to have a clean, organized house, or to work 40 hours a week, but my kids will only be little once and I intend to make every minute of that the best. For me, and for them.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

cant believe how big your kids are getting! they are adorable! its so good to see everything is going well. its sad we live so far away!

talonandanna said...

yay for your bunkbeds! what fun!