Saturday, October 20, 2012

4th of JULY

Ah yes,  this is a post from JULY....... It is OCTOBER.  That's how I roll!  
 
We had a fabulous 4th.  I always have fun,  but this year for some reason,  it was awesome.  We started the day early with the 1 mile fun run for Trace--  I have ran the 5k a few times, so he wanted to participate.  He took it serious too.  About two weeks before,  he started running around our block, stretching and lifting weights.  Which was hillarious! I loved watching him lift these little dumbells and really thinking he was BIG STUFF!
 
Here is the start of the race--  Go T!
 
 
Coming into the finish.

 
Finish Line!

 
Our best buddy Trey at the finish line.

 
Ribbons...... YES!

 
Then we went to the parade--  Trace and Trey have been serious buds.  They were all over having matching red, white, and blue hair!

 
Nana, Tay, and Jay waiting for the parade to start.  (Love the hose mom!)

 
AHHHH--  i LOVE her!

 
This is actually my favorite picture from the day-  Kaden and Trace.  T loves his Uncle Kaden.

 
Our Family parade picture.


 
AH,  then we went to the foot races/greased pig/chicken chase! 
Here is Tay and Trace, waiting for the race to start--

 
I didn't get any good pictures of them running, because I was too busy cheering them on!  Tayia was so fast it BLEW my mind!  She took second in her race.  Here she is collecting her 2 dollars.  I still can't believe how fast she was.  Track and Field runner in my future????

 
Miss J, running her little heart out!

 
And my hubby--  I know where Tay gets her fast legs from!  He was bookin' it.  He also took 2nd place in his race.

 
My two 2nd place winners!

 
 
Then we had a big BBQ, which I didn't take any pictures of--  and ended the evening by heading down to the park.  We danced, listened to the band, and watched a great fireworks display! 
 


 
I am so thankful for everyone who fights for us to be free.  Past and Present.  I think that military families are amazing.  I really thought alot about that this year.  I had the conversation with my kids about why we celebrate independence day.  We are so lucky.  We are so blessed.  Happy Birthday America!
 
 

0 comments: