Sunday, October 21, 2012

FIREWOOD

Oh, it's the season to cut firewood.  We have not been out as much as we should-  but we always end up having a fun time and feeling like we have accomplished something.  It makes me feel comforted to know we will have warmth for the winter.  Does that make me sound like a bear getting ready to hibernate?  That's one of the the things I enjoy about cold season.  I feel like I can curl up by my toasty fire,  with a book and my blanket and escape the world. 
 
This is what Tay thinks of the process--  look at that GLARE! Geez! Heaven help me when she gets to be a teenager!
 
I am still convinced that he gets the easy job of cutting, while the kids and I load.....  But then I think, nevermind,  because he comes home and splits it all.  Sounds like a fair trade, right?

 
Jay came with us this day-- and loved the outdoors!


Found us some pitch mom!
 




There is a smile!

0 comments: