Monday, August 30, 2010

1ST GRADE!

This does not seem possible. It is CRAZY to me that Tayia is old enough to be an all day student! She was so excited for school to start this year. Big difference from last year. I thought it would be hard having her gone all day. It's not been too bad. My stroller is lighter for my morning walks. My house stays a little bit cleaner. I dont have fighting until about 330. I get to spend some GREAT mommy and Trace time. (which i LOVE.) BUT there have been a couple of moments when I miss her. REALLY miss her. Tayia has done okay, but has had a hard time adjusting to being gone from home for so long. She does not like that she only has about four hours after school for playing. Especially when you fit homework, chores, and dinner in there. So far she said she's really bored in class. Im hoping its just review stuff and that will change soon. I love this girl so much. I am so proud of her. I am so amazed that she is this old.
Here are a couple pics of her first day of school. In the outfit that SHE got to pick out when we went school shopping. She was SO excited to wear this. I love you Miss Jay. You are growing so fast. I hope you have a great 1st grade year.



3 comments:

Sandi said...

I can't believe how big our girls are getting! 1st grade is kind of scary! I love her outfit!

Brimaca said...

Ahh! Such a sweetie. I hope it gets better for her. I can't imagine having a whole day with just one kid home. - that has to be weird. Malachi starts preschool next week - the day before the new baby gets here. I guess I'll have one day with just Miss Libby. :)

Tate and Brindie Bennett said...

I LOVE the PINK pants! Tayia is a doll, I dont have anyone to spend time with since it is all day kindergarten here. So I cant wait to have a little one, so I dont get the " miss them" moments so much. It is crazy how fast time flys by with kiddos