Thursday, August 26, 2010

FISHIN' CANADA

Steve and Talon made a fishing trip to Canada this summer. They went to Murtle Lake. The largest paddle only lake in North America. They were gone for ten days. They caught a TON of fish. Paddled the canoes WAY too much. One way they paddled for 8 hours to get to a campsite. CRAZY CRAZY BOYS. I love the outdoors, I love camping, I even love fishing, but not that much. NO WAY. After Alaska last summer, I thought I would be okay having him gone. But, it was rough. Once they got there, no cell service. I went for 7 days (7 DAYS!) without talking to him. We have never had to do that before. It was hard for me to know he was off in the middle of nowhere (where there is bears all over mind you) and not talk to him and make sure he was okay. The only thing that kept me sane was knowing that a park ranger went around checking campsites to make sure all was good. Steve had a great time and got some great pictures. It looks beautiful there from the pictures he took. Glad he got to go. Glad to have him get home. Glad to know he will NOT be taking an extended fishing trip anywhere next summer. (sorry talon!) Here are just a few of the pictures from the trip:


This is how they started the trip. Thier rental truck broke down. Good thing the bad luck ended there and they had a great trip!
Getting all the canoes and gear ready...... (there were 10 guys that went. they had to pack all the gear, food, tents, etc. for the whole time they were gone into the canoes.)



They hiked up to these waterfalls one day.



This picture is pretty dark but wanted to throw it in

Love this.

Love this even more-- THANKS for this great picture Talon!

2 comments:

Natalie J. said...

I know how you feel about worring about them. When Railey was just a baby, Rob went to South Africa. They were out in the bush with no way to contact anyone. We went almost 2 weeks without knowing if he was OK. It was so hard. I kept thinking about all the dangerous animals that could kill him or him getting malaria, which he had to take a ton of pills before he went to prevent him from getting it. I just prayed that he would come home. Then he went back again a few years later and we went through the same thing. Great experience for them but very hard for us. I guess we just worry too much.

talonandanna said...

boys and fishin'. :) great pics. thanks for spending time with us- it was fun! ps- and you're ahead of me on posting!