We were going to take some family pictures out in the snow, but we didn't get them done when there was enough light and it was snowing. My mom and I were bummed, but another time. We snapped a couple inside. Not great but better than nothing right?
Trace giving Santa a hug.
And a smooch.........
Tayia showing us what she got from Santa. Even though she wouldn't go sit on his lap-
Trace and Santa. Sorry he is picking his nose, but it's the best one I got.
Kya wasn't too fond of him either-
Me and my sis-
I am a little behind on my blogging. Christmas time is always so busy. I'm hoping to catch up in the next couple of days. Toward the beginning of December we went up to my family Christmas party. My Dad and all of his brothers and sisters get together every year and celebrate. I LOVE LOVE LOVE going to this party because it's the one time of year that I get to see all my aunts, uncles, and cousins on my dad's side of the family. We eat a great dinner and visit. All of my dad's siblings draw names and exchange gifts still. My dad made the suggestion that next year they go get names from the angel trees and get a gift for someone in need instead. They all thought it was a great idea. WAY TO GO DAD! What an amazing person you are to think of that. Then of course Santa comes. Now, I have to tell you that we have the BEST Santa ever. If you look in the pictures, you will see how genuine he really is. I mean, white hair, beard, glasses. It is SERIOUSLY the real thing. One of the funnest things about it? We have used the same Santa for years and years and years. Really. It's the same one that came to the family party when I was a little girl. I got some pictures of all the little kids looking out the window- waiting for him to come but they didn't turn out. Tay wouldn't have anything to do with him again, which didn't surprise me. But Trace walked right up and sat on his lap! I don't know what made him change his mind, but it was great. I think it was because he got to talk to Santa on the phone before the party. My mom calls the guy to make all the arrangements and Trace was just dying to talk to Santa on the phone. So, my mom gave him the phone and they had a great little chat. They talked for about 5 minutes. (This was a couple of weeks before the party) Needless to say, whatever it was worked. I was so dang happy. When Santa was leaving Trace had to give him a hug and smooch- I did get a couple pictures of it, but I wish they were better. It was adorable. He ran after Santa saying- "wait Santa, I have to give you a hug and smooch!" We had a ton of fun, and I enjoyed every minute of the party. It was great to be around family. After all, that is one of the most important parts of the Christmas season in my eyes.




1 comments:
LOOK how different you look in this picture. I can't believe it! Skinny skinny skinny- even your face is changing! Love the pics of the kiddos in all their wonder and fun!
Post a Comment