Monday, May 12, 2008

I LOVE BEING A MOTHER!


Happy mother's day to all the mothers out there! Being a mother is the best. Yesterday I got such wonderful gifts for mothers day. I have a new respect for primary/nursery leaders and their callings. Trace made me a "crown" in nursery, and Tayia made me an apron with hand prints and little drawings all over as well as an adorable card. What patience the leaders must have to help all the little kids do this for their mothers. I know I am very thankful. I am so blessed to have such good kids. I mean, I know they are a handful sometimes, but hey, no one can be good all the time. As a mother I hope to have more patience with my kids. I get so caught up sometimes in doing daily things that I often forget to take time to listen to them and be silly with them. My goal is to improve that. I also thought alot about my mom yesterday. Since I have become a mother, my appreciation for her has magnified. I am so thankful for my mom and all the sacrifices that she has made for me. I am so lucky that she is living close so I can have a great relationship with her and so she can have a relationship with my kids. They love her. They worship her. She is the best thing in the world in their eyes. When I'm having a difficult day with my kids, I often think about the fact that I most likely put my mom through the exact same things that my kids are putting me through and I think, MAN, I'm glad my mom put up with me. It's funny, before I was a mom, MY mom used to tell me that there was no way to describe the love you can have when you become a mother. She was so right. I never would have guessed the magnitude of love that I could feel for my precious children. Even in moments of fighting, or crying (okay, maybe a little bit after those moments) I feel truly blessed. I thank god every day for allowing me the privilege of being a mom.

0 comments: