Monday, September 14, 2009

FIRST DAY OF PRESCHOOL FOR TRACE

Oh my gosh- this post is almost a month late- GEEZ! You will have to bear with me through this one-- It pulls on my heart strings a little bit. Should it really be such a big deal to mom's when thier youngest goes to preschool? what happens when its kindergarten? high school? mission? college? marriage? Am I the only one who thinks about this stuff?!? Trace has been so excited for this day to come. He has been waiting and waiting. Every day last year that we took Tay, he would ask me if he was old enough to go to preschool yet.

Today my baby boy, you are old enough. You were not scared one ounce. You didn't hold back at all. As I watched you walk up that sidewalk, I was wondering how my heart could be so full yet be breaking. At this point in my life, you are my baby. I find myself savoring everything with you. I find myself wanting to capture every little, tiny thing you do because I may never get to experience it again. I find myself holding on with every fiber of my being. I love seeing your joy in simple things. I love to see how excited you get on preschool days, I love to have you come home and show me your work because you are so proud of what you have accomplished. I love when you smile so big that your eyes squint and your dimple stands out. I love how much your independence has grown in the last month. You make me happy. You fill my heart with pure joy. I am so blessed to have you in my life. So, with a heavy but happy heart I get to see you off to preschool two days a week. I am so lucky to share these milestones in your life. I love you so much my T.



I am SO not ready for the day in this picture. Sorry about the lack of makeup and the beautiful hair, but when T asks for a picture with me, how can I say no??? Especially when I see how happy he is!


I'm ready to go mom!
Don't worry mom, you have given me enough hugs to last the two hours I'm gone!

But one more can't hurt--
And there he goes-- My sweet baby.

5 comments:

Jaclyn said...

he is so cute. reese was beyond excited for preschool too. but i am really enjoying the 2 hour break. i hope you guys are doing well

Brimaca said...

Very sweet. He's lucky to have you and vice versa!

talonandanna said...

yep, pretty sure i'm crying right now.

Sandi said...

I got a little teary eyed thinking of sending off my youngest. Crazy! Good thing he's in good hands with Lana:)

Ginger said...

Isn't it amazing how excited the second is versus the first that was a little bit nervous. Oh the examples of older siblings. I think our boys are in the same class so if you ever need to carpool.