Saturday, September 19, 2009

TAY'S FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN!

Yep, this post is a month old also. I really need to get with the program! But, It's good news! Tayia's first day of kindergarten went PERFECT! I have had so much anxiety about this since registration went so horrible last spring. The night before Steve gave her a blessing and I talked to her and told her school was the next day and she was TOTALLY fine with it. She even asked if she could pick out her own clothes! I was super excited, but in the back of my mind I was thinking-- okay. calm before the storm. So the next morning we got up and I made her french toast, which is her favorite breakfast. Then almost immediatly after she ate, she went and got dressed. Then she proceeded to ask me all morning if it was time to go to school yet. I was seriously amazed, but still was thinking; man, she's doing good now, but when we get to the school and its time to go in, we are going to have a meltdown. I was so wrong. When we got there she jumped out and was off. She didn't even want to get pictures outside the building because she was so anxious to go in! I made her take a couple anyway and then she just walked right into her class. She was a little timid- which is totally understandable, but she did it. I was so proud of her. Even thinking about it a month later, I am amazed. She has always been so timid and shy so I know this was out of her comfort zone. Did I cry? No. I really didn't. I think I was so stinkin glad it wasn't hard for her, like I thought it would be. I did however cry the following monday when Tay and Trace were both at school at the same time. I came in my house, sat down on the couch, and just bawled my eyes out. Now, a month later, she LOVES school. She loves to walk in by herself and has already learned so much. I still don't know what the change was in her. I do know that I am so thankful for prayer and priesthood blessings. I am thankful that Steve has the ability to give a father's blessing when needed. I don't know if that's what it was, but I know it had to help. So, HURRAY! We officially have a kindergartner. And a beautiful one she is. I love you Tay, and I am so proud of you. You are such a wonderful girl.

Tayia and her cousin Koen watching the other kids come in-


Loving the lace-up card!

3 comments:

Brimaca said...

Good I'm glad it went well. I'm sure the blessing had something to do with it!

SARAH said...

k there you go again making me bawl my eyes out! i love you mim's you are my role model in life when it comes to parentings. i dont think i would be able to go through with what i am about to without watching you with tay and trace. i hope and pray i can be half the mom you are! thank you so much for being such a good example i love you!

Kenny and Amber said...

Yay! I'm so glad she made, and that everything went well. You just never know with kids. I hope she continues to enjoy school!